Sunday, March 4, 2007

First, First, First


Well as the title reads this is a first all around, my first post on my first blog about my first pregnancy that resulted from our first attempt at IVF.

Not sure how good I'll be at blogging as I have never been a journaler (is that a word?) or a scrapbooker (my wedding one is still unfinished and we've been married over 6 years now) and blogging seems to be a bit of both.

The hubby and I went for our 1st ultrasound this past Friday at 6 weeks 4 days which is a tad early but the infertility clinic of course was looking to see if 1 or 2 of our embies implanted. As everyone has already guessed both embies stuck around and we are now expecting twins. I have to say that I'm actually a little bit excited for the first time since we got our positive pregnancy test on the 16th. The last 2 weeks have been filled mostly with exhaustion and worry that something would be wrong or it was a false positive ( when you've waited so long its hard to believe that things might actually go right) but when we saw the two heart beats it was pretty amazing. So because they both had heart beats over 100 and they where both nice and high up in uterus I am more confident that I will carry both to term.

I'm still a bit in awe after seeing those little heart beats, I have always been pro-choice, who am I to decide what someone else should or should not do with their own body (of course I don't really want to pay for it with my tax dollars but that's another rant for another day)but I think if more women had the chance to really understand how early everything begins to form how early the tiny little heart beats maybe they would change their minds. technically our babies aren't even considered fetuses yet but to me they are now babies no matter what science says.

1 comments on "First, First, First"

Anonymous said...

Oh I am so excited for both of you.
Congratulations!
My Mom also says Congrats, she is so happy for you.
Take Care,
Jen

 

Ruby and Violet Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez