Damn is that title poetic or what.
So today is 13 weeks and of course that means that I am already 1 week into my 2nd trimester. Whoohoo!!
Amazing how fast time flys (although there where moments over the last 3 months when I have to say it couldn't go by fast enough). The way everyone talks you kind of expect to wake up the morning of week 12 and jump out of bed feeling like a whole new person. Can't say that was the case for me but things do seem to be getting better as the days go by, I am definitely less tired which is good timing now that we have some nice weather I can finally get outside and get some fresh air and exercise. The other wonderful thing about passing that first milestone is that the thought of miscarriage isn't constantly at the back of my mind anymore.
Last Friday I had another appointment with the OB I took Dan with me this time cause I wanted his opinion and I was hoping although it was early that we might be able to hear the heart beats. The Dr. agreed that it was early but wanted to try and see if he could hear the heart beats as well. It was soooo cool, the first one on my right side we could here very clearly and it was nice and fast, the one on the left side was hard to pick up as my own heart beat was kind of interfering but the Dr. said he could hear it behind my heart beat, Dan says he could also hear it (I'm not sure if I could actually hear it or just really wanted to, but if the doctor could hear it thats good enough for me). It was almost as good as an ultrasound, kind of reassuring to know that everyone is still in there and progressing. Other than that my blood pressure was good and my weight was good, as far as my weight goes he said he'd be happy if I didn't put on any weight at all. As long as I was eating properly and getting some exercise and the babies where growing the less weight I put on the better. I have to give him points for being sensitive about my weight all he said was that I was a little bit "over" which almost made be burst out laughing cause a little bit is like 10 or 20 lbs and I'm way more than 20lbs over. But I've heard some real horror stories about plus size women's experience with Dr.'s when they are pregnant.
Dan's opinion of the Dr. was positive, although his first words as soon as the doctor left the room was the he was " a bit of an odd duck". We both agree that we get a positive vibe from him although he seems a bit eccentric. I also looked him up on ratemds.com (cool site you can look up you're own doctor and leave a review) and the majority of his ratings where very positive so that was also helpful.
Monday, April 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments on "1 Trimester Down 2 Heart Beats Found!"
Hahah you didn't spring out of bed the morning of the 13th week LOL? Its coming, its coming...patience...
Yah for the 12 weeks being over!
Karlynn
Yay! Second trimester here you come...I hope you are feeling better soon.
Erin
Post a Comment