Monday, August 13, 2007

30 Weeks! (This lap top no longer fits on my lap)


As usual it's been a long time between posts, I'm not sure that I'm very good at this blogging/jouranling thing. Probably an indication that the kids won't have a bunch of great scrap books to look back on when they are older. Come to think of it my wedding scrapbook is tucked away somewhere still half finished (and this will be our 7th anniversary this year). I'll just do what my Mom did last year, and shove all of the pictures into a box and then hand them to the kids when they reach 30, of course we don't even have any printed photos anymore so It'll just be discs or some such thing.

Anyway I'm completely digressing, as that had nothing really to do with my 30 week update!

So it's 30 weeks and if you look up average twin gestation (that is what they would consider average delivery) it's 36 weeks, of course I could go past that but at 38 weeks they will more than likely induce. It's a pretty crazy and surreal thought to think that there's probably only 6 weeks left. 6 weeks isn't very long at all and I'm just now starting to really enjoy being pregnant (backache aside). Most of my fears that something will go wrong are gone (the great ultrasounds we've been having are very helpful for that), I'm almost finished work (7 days and counting), the temperature is finally pleasant (sorry all of you heat and sun worshipers but since the temp dropped I've had way more energy)and I'm starting to shop,and really who doesn't love shopping. So yah there's part of me that can't wait for the babies to arrive but there is also part of me that is just really enjoying being pregnant.

Dan and I started our prenatal classes 2 weeks ago and we are both really enjoying them. Dan of course had become the joker of the group and seems to be the spokesman for the men( or should I say instigator). It's been nice to meet other couples who are having twins, all of them are first time parents and 8 out of 12 resulted from infertility treatments so there is that extra bond. We are also finding the classes very informative so far, definitely answers some of the questions that the books can't because the info is so specific to the City of Calgary and even to each individual hospital.

I'm now down to ultrasounds every 2 weeks with Doctors visits and non-stress tests at the hospital the weeks in between the ultrasounds. Which I'm fine with as I find all of the precautions very comforting, at this point I' think they are mostly watching for signs of premature labour. The last Ultrasound on Friday was really good both babies now weigh just over 3lbs, didn't get any pictures this time as it is so hard to get good ones now that they are all squished in there. Let my Mom come in with Dan and I which she seemed to really enjoy and the tech got a good shot of one of the babies opening and closing their hand. I Also found it really cool to watch them practice their breathing. It's amazing to me every time I see the ultrasound or think about them growing inside me. I feel so blessed to have been given this miracle after waiting so long. (Someone ask me if I still feel blessed about a month after they arrive and I haven't slept in all of that time, ha, ha, ha)

We've started working on the babies room, well I should say we my parents have started on the babies room as I'm not allowed to paint (I think it's more cause my track record is so bad than it is because of fumes) so a big thanks to my parents for all of their hard work. Here are some pictures of the room so far.











Other than that just counting the days until work is finished, oh and of course until the house Reno's are finished, please,please, please let me have floors before these babies arrive. A huge thanks again to my family, Mom and Dad for all of their painting help and to my brother and brother in law for all of their manual labor help. Here are a few pictures of the Kaos and destruction, hopefully I can follows these up in a few weeks with the finished product.















0 comments on "30 Weeks! (This lap top no longer fits on my lap)"

 

Ruby and Violet Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez