Friday, January 22, 2010

Olympic Torch Relay


We took the girls to see the Olympic Torch this week when it came through town.

Originally I wasn't going to bother because I new the they weren't really going to get it and, honestly, I'm really not into the Olympics.

But then that little spark of patriotism that's in me took over and I started thinking about the 88' Olympics and my own nice memories of seeing the Torch come through Airdrie and all of the excitement that surrounded that time. Who knows when another Canadian city will hold the Olympics, they may not see another torch run in their youth but at least they'll have a few photos and the knowledge that their parents took them to witness a small part of Canadian history.


The girls didn't really get it, (they thought that the coke truck was a fire truck at first) but they had a fun time waving their flags and cheering with the rest of the crowd. Violet was very disappointed when it ended and there was no more "pretty trucks" (in her words) to watch.


Munching on their free hot dog courtesy of our local grocery store

Practicing flag waving

This picture slays me, Violet looks like a little Coke ad.





1 comments on "Olympic Torch Relay"

Karlynn on January 22, 2010 at 9:54 AM said...

Hahah you are SO right, she looks like an ad! Lordy there was Coke stuff EVERYWHERE!

 

Ruby and Violet Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez