Thursday, January 3, 2008

3 months old, Sleep Sacks and Tongue Fungus


The girls where 3 months old yesterday and I could say there is nothing really new but in truth everyday brings something new even if it's a slight variation on a smile or a new cooing sound that one of them is making, everyone of those small new things is fascinating to me.

I'm pretty sure they are going through that 3 month growth spurt, or at least that's my very uneducated guess based on the nurseapplooza that's been going on around here for the last 3 or 4 days, especially for our little Ruby who has taken to getting up again at 3:00am. That's what I get for all of my "oh yes they're sleeping at least five hours a night" brag, brag, brag. The other new and exciting thing that they have developed is thrush (or eeeewwwww tongue fungus as I like to call it)but its pretty funny when I look at Violet say eeeewwww you have tongue fungus as she proceeds to get this huge grin on her face and then sticks out her tongue like she's proud of it or something.Here is a picture ( don't worry it's not of tongue fungus) of them in new outfits, it's no wonder you see so many new moms in the malls, dressing up your babies is a bit like crack very addicting and increasingly expensive.


and a picture of Ruby on New Years Day it looks like she partied way to hard the night before.



It's Mommy New Year Resolution to take more picture and blog more. We had such a nice Visit with Auntie Karlynn, Uncle Mike and Kade on New Yers Eve and I didn't take one photo,not even of Kade being such a big helper and entertaining Violet so we could eat dinner (duh!).

And on a final note here is a picture of them in their new sleep sacks or grow bags or whatever you want to call them. They are a very European concept and came very highly recommended to me by another mother of twins for their ability to increase the amount of time your baby sleeps during the night. I guess the concept is that they can't kick the covers off so there is no sudden change in temperature. I haven't noticed any great increase in their sleeping obviously but I am comforted by the fact that I'm not going to check on them only to find that the blankets are up around their faces yet again(that always freaks me out) and they look pretty darn cute and cozy in them as well.

and this one is just funny as Violet looks a wee bit crazed!

1 comments on "3 months old, Sleep Sacks and Tongue Fungus"

The MIKK Family on January 5, 2008 at 11:32 AM said...

Yah and Auntie didn't spend any time with Ruby either..you guys will have to come visit. Now I will nag you to get Baby to the vet and come up here LOL!

It was fun and far too short a visit, but Ivy was just bawling when we got home to my parents :( even the two hours was too long. Sigh.

Adorable sleep sacks I love the colors!

 

Ruby and Violet Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez