Monday, July 21, 2008

Pics from the First Martinez Family Vacation




Well we have returned from our 2 week vacation on Vancouver Island, we had a lovely relaxing time with the exception of the trip up. Although the girls travel well in the car and we broke it out over 2 days it was just too much for them(and for me). If I had to do it over I would probably try flying or drive straight through at night, which is what we did on the trip back. We put the girls in the car at 9:30 and then Dan hauled a#@! The girls pretty much slept the whole time, Dan was exhausted but it was definitely less stressful.

So other than the trip up, a fall off a bed, a little baby handful of burning hot rice grabbed off a plate, trying to eat a live beach crab and a 3 day nursing strike our first long trip with children went fairly smoothly (as you can see I am not attaching names to the above incidents to be fair to those parties involved). We had amazing weather (not one day of rain)we did some sight seeing, Dan did lots of fishing,we ate yummy crab and prawns fresh from the ocean (some of the crab we even caught ourselves as they had a crab trap where we stayed and we caught them off of the dock there) and of course we realxed.

Before I post all of the pics of the girls, here are some of the beautiful scenery and the variouse critters we got pictures of (both the ones we ate and the ones we just observed).

View from around the cabin






Gorgeous Sunset


These flowers where everywhere and came in variouse shades of pink and purple and white and grew really tall (never did find out what they where)



MMMM Dinner!









Catch of the Day - Dan called this a dog fish but really it's a little shark, pretty cool!






This raccoon was in Stanley Park and I guess we just missed seeing it chase a lady around who made the mistake of feeding it some chips (damn I could have submitted a video to When Animals Attack XVII)









Now on to the pictures of the Princesses!!

Walking the sea wall around Stanley Park the first night in Vancouver





The ferry ride over to the Island

Trying to keep them occupied, notice the sunglasses and cell phone in the first picture (forbidden items are always amusing)





But baby mum mums also work




Relaxing at the cabin






Sitting on the Dock enjoying some cookies



In this picture Dan is showing the girls a beach crab that I found that had no pincers


In this picture Ruby is reaching for the crab and there is no third picture because without hesitation she tries to stuff the crab wiggling legs and all into her mouth so I was too busy freaking out!






Going for a walk and picnic at Lake Cowichan









Dan and Ruby after the long drive home

1 comments on "Pics from the First Martinez Family Vacation"

The MIKK Family on July 22, 2008 at 5:46 AM said...

Aw looks like so much fun!What a gorgeous place that was, and I am jealous of all that seafood you ate!

 

Ruby and Violet Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez